We know that an Illness or calamity can happen before your flight. If this happens, we give you the following options
Changes/refunds for Illness
Change of Date
You must send specific medical supports that prove your unfitness to travel on the dates of the flight purchased to the airline, at our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our customer service team will validate such information and offer you the option to make a change. You should not pay any penalty and shall choose a date, subject to seat availability, in the same class as that originally purchased. In case of not finding any seat availability in the same class, you may request refund of the ticket that will not be used. Refund amounts will depend on the type of ticket and purchasing conditions.
Change of Name
Name changes are allowed at no extra charge by sending us the following documents at our email address email@example.com:
Medical incapacity document of the person who is unable to travel
A letter signed by the passenger who is unable to travel, authorizing the change of name. This letter should include:
- The booking code
- The Name, surname, phone number, email address and I.D. number of the new passenger who will travel
- Photocopy of the identity document of the passenger signing the letter
- Signature of the passenger
If, on the same reservation of the passenger who is unable to travel because of his/her unfitness to fly, there are relatives within the first, second and third degree of consanguinity or affinity, VivaColombia will extend the above policies to such passengers. Otherwise, passengers should make any changes up to 4 hours before the scheduled departure time of the flight, paying the corresponding penalty and the fare difference, if any.
If a Relative Gets Sick
If a relative within the first or second degree of consanguinity or affinity gets sick and is unable to travel, we offer you the same options mentioned above (i.e., change of date or change of name.)
For this purpose, you should send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, including the following documents:
- The necessary documents (birth certificate, marriage registration, among others) demonstrating kinship or familiar relationship.
- Medical incapacity document of the relative. Please remember that such document should match travel dates.
Changes/refunds for Death
To request refund or changes at no charge, because of the death of a passenger or relative of the person who was going to travel, please remember to consider the following:
Death of the passenger before starting the trip
VivaColombia offers 2 options if a passenger who has a reservation with our airline dies before the scheduled departure time of the flight:
- Change of name or date without penalty, which must be defined within the 30 days following the flight date. A passenger who will take the reservation, shall only pay the fare difference.
- Full refund of the money paid, excepting the administrative fee.
The following is offered to passengers on the same reservation of the deceased passenger, or on the same flight, and being able to demonstrate kinship:
- Change of name or date without penalty, which must be defined within the 30 days following the flight date. Passenger shall only pay the fare difference.
Death of a passenger’s relative
If a passenger’s relative (parents, children, grandchildren, spouse/partner, siblings, brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, uncles, aunts, grandparents) passes away before the flight, we may offer the following:
- A change of name.
- A change of date / route paying only the fare difference.
Relatives within the 1st degree of consanguinity: Passenger’s parents and children.
Relatives within the 1st degree of affinity: Spouse, parents of the spouse and children of the spouse.
Relatives within the 2nd degree of consanguinity: Passenger’s grandparents, siblings and grandchildren.
Relatives within the 2nd degree of affinity: Grandparents and siblings of the spouse.
Relatives within the 3rd degree of consanguinity: Passenger’s uncles, aunts, nephews and nieces.